Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pune

In the morning, the driver picked me up and dropped me to the airport, where the Kingfisher ground personnel took care of me.


The flight lasted for about 1.5 hours and in Pune the next driver from MAN Force Trucks picked me up and brought me to the office. There I met a lot of the Germans and had some interesting insights of how we are doing business in India. I also saw a MAN in normal traffic.



In the evening, I went with one of the expats to a nice restaurant where they also serve Continental food and we a talk. Later I was dropped to the National Hotel. As there were a lot of mosquitos around, I unpacked and installed my mosquito net for the first time:




This morning, I got up late. Then headed to the General Post Office to send some stuff home already and then boarded an auto to Shanivar Wada Palace. Of this only the astonishing outer walls are left as the Palace burnt down in 1828. The inside is now a big parc that is enjoyed by the Indians as a regular hang out place.




Before returning to the railway station, I stopped by Juna Bazaar, but did not find anything as it basically is a second hand market.



Some time ago, I got a call that my bus to Aurangabad has broken down and they transferred my booking to the next one, so I had time to write the blog before leaving.

No comments: