Monday, August 30, 2010

Hyderabad

After another long overnight bus ride, I arrived in Hyderabad. Sneha, Sindhu's sister, and Kumar, a friend, picked me up. On the way to their home, we had a look at the Charminar (4 Towers) which was built by a Qutb Shahi ruler to thank for a victory in fight. Unfortunately, we were to early to go on top.



In the afternoon, we went to Shilpanam, a market in a garden environment. I bought some lovely earings there. Then they dropped me off at the Global Alumni Congress and I continued sightseeing only on Sunday.

Then I went to the Qutb Shahi tombs, that were also set in a garden environment and it is a nice place to hang out and enjoy the silence.



From there I took an autorickshaw to Golcanda Fort that was the capital city of the Qutb Shahi rulers, before the city was moved to nowadays Hyderabad. It's very big and you an easily spend some hours there. But be prepared to climb a lot of stairs. On the premises are also a mosque, a Kali temple, a prison and a lot more.



I was so impressed I stayed back for the sound and light show and did some amazing pictures.





After that, I met Sindhu for dinner and the next morning I nearly did not make it to my flight to KOLKATA as the airport was far away from the city and I was running late. I just arrived 25 min before take off, but so I did not have to wait at all.

No comments: