Monday, August 9, 2010

Indore & Pithampur

After a short night's train ride, I arrived this morning in Indore, where the driver of MAN Force picked me up and brought me to the hotel Kanchan. After refreshing myself, we headed to Pithampur. The National Highway 3 is a nicely new built street which leads from Indore to Mumbai (600 km, 10 hrs in car, 15 hrs in truck) and which has no speedbreakers at all!!! But it's a toll road.

After 45 minutes, we arrived at the plant and finally I got to see some MAN trucks.


After a meeting with the general manager, one of the two German expats showed me the production. Later, I talked with both of them about life & work in India.


In the afternoon, the driver took me back to Indore for a little sightseeing. Unfortunately, the Lal Bagh Palace was closed as it was Monday. So I could get only an outside picture of the European styled palace built from 1886 -1921.


The most impressing site was the Sheesh Mandir - the Glass Temple - but for religious reasons I could not take picutes inside, so here just an outside glimpse of this astonishing temple in European architecture.



The last sight does only consist of a facade as the rest of the Indore Palace was destroyed by a fire in 1984.


After a visit to the mall, we called it a day and I only went out again to find an internet cafe. Tomorrow I will be flying to PUNE.


No comments: