Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bangalore

Bangalore is also known as the Silicon Valley of India. I was warned by other travellers that there is nothing to see, but I came mainly to meet Sharjeel from my CC team 5 years ago.

We spent a great afternoon and evening together eating Indian and Italian food, hung out at a mall and went to cinema for The Expendables - a film you can miss.

The second day, I spent sight seeing. First, Tipu's summer palace and the garden around. Tipu was a Muslim ruler in South India (Mysore, Bangalore, ...).




From there I went over the city market, where all kind of food and non-food was sold. You could get also get some cooked just there.


I also visited the old fort, but of this nothing much except for some walls with some funny carvings remain.


Last stop of the day was Lal Bagh, a big garden with different gardens: Japanese, Rose garden, ...

In the evening, I was catching a train to Hospet - from where I wanted to visit Hampi.


No comments: