Saturday, August 7, 2010

Jaipur

My train arrived punctual in Jaipur and Sankalp picked me up. At his place, I talked a long time with him and his parents what had happened in this more than a year I was away from Rajasthan.



The night and next day, I was feeling very bad as my stomach took me on a roller coaster ride. Only in the evening, I went with Chhavi to a rentirement party in Khole Ke Hanuman Ji Mandir - a temple site that's a bit of the beaten track and has been developed only in the last years.

The second day, I was feeling much better and met Adil (another friend from the CC 2005).
Later, Sankalp had arranged a trip for me to AZAD - a coach bodybuilder - just outside Jaipur, that also assembled the first MAN bus in India. I had some nice talk, lunch and visit around the factory. Here some picture from the road:


Ashok Leyland Citybus, bodybuilded by Azad (Euro 3)



Bus frames at the roadside


Broken down TATA truck


After this trip, it was time for some serious shopping with Nidhi. So we went to a Mall and some time later, we had some more cloth to fill our cupboard with. In the evening, we repeated this process with Chhavi. And I got two more Kurtas (long shirts) from them as a belated b-day gift).


We also did some grocery shopping, so I could cook Italian Pasta with tomato sauce, olives and cheese for them. It was quite a hit:).


2 comments:

Sakshi Mathur said...

Ohh!! I missed on Pasta!! :(

Chhavi Chawla said...

and we relished each bite of it :)

thnx a lot Chris..