Friday, April 11, 2014

Acapulco - Hotel Las Brisas

The last stop of my Pacific coast exploration was Acapulco - a city bigger than Leipzig. I used the time right after arrival for checking out the city centre with Fort San Diego, the Zocalo and the Cathedral. After Zihuatanejo it felt very crowded and loud. 

Fort San Diego

inner yard of the fort

Fort walls

La Catedral

If you ever wondered where all the old Volkswagen Beetle ended up - Acapulco was the place. A big number of them are scurrying the city in white and blue as taxis, a smaller number are used as private cars. 

Volkswagen Beetles

Back from the centre I picked up my luggage and grabbed a cab to Hotel Las Brisas. My most decadent hotel stay ever. Built in the fifties on the rocky hill Las Brisas consists of rooms (casitas) with shared or private pool. Searching the web brought quite an affordable offer and I dove into the white and pink world with jeeps named after movie stars that take you up the hill to your casita. 

bedroom

My casita (no. 337) was one with shared pool but I never saw the inhabitants of the other casita. It had a big room, big bathroom with rainfall shower, pool and lounge area on the terrace.  

terrace with shared pool

sunset at my terrace

Acapulco by night

The next morning, I went to the private beach club in a jeep and swam in the salt and normal water pools. I had jumbo prawns for lunch served on the roofed terrace of the club.

La Concha Beach Club

No comments: