Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Puerto Vallarta

Just a 5 hour bus ride from Guadalajara is Puerto Vallarta at the Pacific coast. There I met two friends from the business trip - Mariella from Peru and Zorka from Chile. As our hotels were close to each other I met both of them after a late breakfast at the beach. 

Puerto Vallarta

I took a bath in the Pacific Ocean but finished soon as the waves were very strong and I completely covered in sand and little stones. Laying on a deck chair we had an endless parade of vendors passing by offering us beach dresses, jewelry, oyesters, hair braiding, massage, souvenirs, tattoos, excursions - you name it!

Hotel Canto del Sol

Applying sunscreen was not my profession and in the afternoon I discovered the spots I missed and suffered from for several days. 

In the evening, we signed on for a pirateship adventure. We got a show, sunset on the bay, dinner and dancing and luckily only handsome mutineer Juglio had to jump off the plank. 


setting sail

Zorka getting ready for the pirate ship


sunset on the bay

 fireworks ended the show

At night we went to the city centre and walked the Malecon - the promende - passing an endless number of eateries, restaurants and clubs. On the ocean side were several statues. 

On the Malecon


Reaching the Arcos - a group of arches - that were the backdrop for a little amphitheater we turned to the interior and walked up to the Templo de Guadalupe. 

Templo de Guadalupe

Then I said farewell to Mariella, Zorka and Puerto Vallarta. 

No comments: