Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Zihuatanejo

Zihuatanejo was once fishing village featured as hideaway for Tim Robbins in the movie The Shawshank Redemption. Today it's a little town with nearby Ixtapa as a party place.

port

Knowing a 18 hour bus drive would me leave more exhausted than relaxed I had booked the hotel for two nights and went to bed for some hours of sleep after my arrival.


I got some good tips for breakfast, lunch and tours from the staff of Hotel Las Salinas and soon found myself at Daniel's. I had fried shrimp tacos with lettuce and guacamole - very tasty - followed by fried ice-cream. 

Daniel's

shoe shop

In a nearby shop I bought a round trip by boat to the beach Las Gatas and while I was waiting for the little boat guides were trying to sell me snorkel and fishing trips. That's an idea for the next time. 

Playa Las Gatas


Swimming at Playa Las Gatas and a day later at Playa La Ropa was much relaxing as at Puerto Vallarta - less vendors, a quieter ocean and long sandy beaches.
Playa La Ropa

While those two beaches were reached best by taxi or boat, Playa Municipal (Daniel's) and Playa Madera are connected by a concrete rocky pass way. It was nice, a bit romantic except for the "do not litter" sign boards every 2 meters and the missing railing. 

to Playa Madera


A great place for dinner was Rufo's Grill.  

No comments: