Friday, February 6, 2009

Mount Abu

This morning, I left Udaipur by bus with a two Germans, two Spanish and a lot of Indians - after two stops on the way, we arrived around 2:30 pm in Mount Abu.



A nice place in the hills around a lake - a paradise for Indian honeymooners.
After having a look at the rooms, I decided to join the Spanish for a really simple room with Indian toilet and pay only 100 Rupees (~1.56 Euro) for the night. Then we had lunch at the hotel and went to the Nakki Lake where you can rent some pedal or row boats.
The village is surrounded by mountains, one shaped like a toad.




In the evening, we went to the sunset point. Instead of being a romantic little spot for honeymooners, it was overcrowed and a lot of people tried to sell you something to eat and other stuff. Nonetheless, the sunset was very nice with the mountains.






Next morning, I did some trekking and finally reached the top of the toad where I had an Indian woman from Gujarat directing her son how to take pictures of me:


Next, I walked through Mount Abu and climbed 365 steps to the Andhar Devi Temple from where I had a good view on the town.

Back to the hotel, I catched my stuff and went to the bus stop to catch a bus to Abu Road and from there to Jodhpur. It was quite a tough schedule as the train to Jaisalmer was to leave at 11 pm, but we reached the city an hour early so I was very happy.

No comments: