Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Khajuraho - City of Temples

After a night at the Varanasi train station, I arrived around 11 am at Satna - the railhead closest to Khajuraho. From there, I took a Jeep together with two Polish girls from Gdansk, so we could split up the cost.

In Khajuraho, I stayed in Hotel Surya which looks from the street like a normal shop, but opens to a beautiful backyard and garden. In the morning, I was taking a yoga class on the terracce - it was quite cold at 7 am. The yoga teacher was quite impressed who flexible I am.

Later on, I went to the Old Village where I could see the people from the different castes and how they are living. I also visited a school there.

In the afternoon, I went for the temples - the main attraction because of their display of erotic figures, dancers and scenes from the kama sutra.






In the evening, I returned for the sound and light show, which gives some insights to the history of the place.

No comments: