Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back to the slopes - Zugspitze

This week I decided to try skiing again. More than a year had passed since the accident, the doctor said it's okay and I really longed for the mountains.

So I took a day off and went first to Spitzingsee on Thursday. Although it was raining all the time, it went really well. I had some doubts at first, legs feeling a bit shaking at first and just groped a little bit ahead. But after some 50 meters, I thought "what the heck" and let go. And it was as I had never to take a one-year break.


So the decision for a high mountain was fast taken and Sunday we boarded the Mountain Express at Munich Main Station and an hour later we stood at the foot of the highest mountain of Germany.


Unfortunately, the small cable car took more than 90 minutes to bring us up there, so when we finally started skiing the sun was already burning down, the snow was very soft and the slope transformed itself in moguls.


Nonetheless, we enjoyed it very much. At lunch time, we took the funicular to the top of Germany: Zugspitze (2962 m).



There we had lunch and wandered around, so we found the highest German beer garden:


After some further runs in the afternoon, we went back home but I took quite some time.



No comments: