Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sikkim

Due to the road conditions it took an hour more than expected to go to Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim.


After I checked into a hotel, I had a short walk around the pedestrian zone and that was the moment I realized I really like the place and wanna come back one day.

The next morning I joined two Australians and a Spanish for sightseeing around Gangtok. First we went to some waterfall and made a lot of pictures of flowers, butterflies and of course the waterfall itself.



Then we headed to two monasteries and at Rumtek there was even a teaching going on. Nonetheless, we could speak to some of the young monks who study there for 9 years.


The monks were also the most advanced people I met in India regarding recycling.

On the way between the monasteries we stopped several times to take pictures of the nice scenery. Unfortunately, also here the really high mountains were hiding behind clouds.




Tomorrow I will leave for Nepal and I hope my chances are better for seeing some really high mountains.

No comments: