Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mountain Flight to the Everest

At 5:30 in the morning I was picked up and brought to the domestic airport. After paying the airport fee and getting the ticket, I waited in the departure hall. A lot of Trekkers were waiting for their flights that should bring them to the mountains. For me instead, it should be just a round-turn.



Maximum 16 passengers can board the Beechcraft, all have a window seat (there are only two seats per row) and the view to cockpit is open. We were even allowed to go once or twice in the cockpit.




The stewardess was explaining us the mountains, but I have to do some read-up on the peaks. Unfortunately, I could not label each pic immediately. So enjoy the pictures and have a look at the second last.












Pumoki (7161 m), Nuptse (7855 m), Everest (8848 m), Lhotse (8516 m)


If I would have had any luggage, I would have found it on this totally manual baggage claim.





No comments: