Friday, September 10, 2010

Kathmandu

My last day in Kathmandu, so I stayed here in the city centre biking through the narrow burstling streets. Everywhere I found little temples.


In Nepal, a lot of the temples are restricted only to Hindus, so I was really happy to find this entry and sign allowing me access to the temple behind.


To be salesman here, you do not necessarily have to have a shop just offer your goods at the next corner and wait for customers.



Of course, also Kathmandu has a Durbar Square. Together with the ones of Bhaktapur and Patan it forms the World Heritage Site. It was a national holiday so the museum and also the new palace further away were closed, so I just wandered around.

Statue of a king


Rani Pokhara


cycle rickshaw wallah enjoying a break


I finished my stay with a great steak lunch at the Tibetan Guest House, then I returned the bike and took a shower to wash off the dirt of another day in Asian streets.

In the afternoon, a taxi took me to the airport where I had to go through more security checks than ever before: one to enter the building, then the normal one inside, one as I left the building and another one on the gangway and a final one in Delhi after landing - Definitely too many!!!

Only the sight of the lovely Neoplan airport buses could cheer me up ...


... and a bird's-eye on the Kathmandu valley.



No comments: