Sunday, August 2, 2009

Discover Germany Tour: Lake Constance

Economic crisis also hit my employer, so they decided to give us a summer break of 3 weeks in August - as we won't earn our usual salary in this difficult times a real fancy foreign country tour is out of question. So I decided to travel around Germany in my car, visiting old friends at new and old places and to run some exchange preparation seminars for AIESEC.

So that's my car - Ford Mondeo - done more then 125,000 km (at least 50,000 by me).


First stop was Constance & Lake Constance in the total south of Germany bordering Austria and Switzerland. To shorten the trip to Constance, I took a car ferry from Meersburg over the lake.


Meersburg


The ferry crosses the lake in less than 20 min, but it's the narrowest point. Lake Constance has 260km of shoreline, has a maximum depth of 250 m and has several islands. The most famous is the island of Mainau - also called the garden island. Count Bernadotte created the parks, green houses and now tourists can walk around the flourishing greenery and butterflies.


Harbor of Constance

From Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, Julia from Regensburg and me were running a preparation seminar with 10 delegates - here they were sitting and preparing a presentation about cultural dimensions. As the weather was really nice, we stayed outside most of the time, but from time to time we were hiding in the shadow.


Saturday evening after dinner, we walked to the lake where a ship was already waiting for us and on which we partied until 2 in the morning.

Julia (my co-trainer) and me

No comments: