Friday, August 14, 2009

Discover Germany Tour: Berlin

The next days I spent walking around Berlin and doing a preparation seminar for people who wanna go on a traineeship abroad with AIESEC. I visited all my favorite sights and also some new. So here we go:

World Clock on Alexanderplatz



Berlin Dome



Also as usual, I took a bus ride with the 100 bus. It's MAN A39 meaning a double-deck city bus produced by the company I'm working for. Berlin has ordered a lot of them and nowadays you can not only enjoy them on line 100, but also 200, 248 and many more.


MAN double-deck bus with ad for the World Championship of Athlethics


Friday we went on an alternative city tour in the centre which was focusing on Jews, 2nd World War and live then. We heard many interesting stories from contempory witnesses on an audioguide which you can download on http://www.hoerpol.de/ . Unfortunately, it's only in German.


On this tour we discovered a lot of backyards with art, cafés and cinemas. Here a picture asking for an empty wall:



Also Friday, I had visited the Picture Gallery with all the old pictures from European artists. In contrast to this, on Sunday afternoon I visited the Museum of Contemporary in the Hamburger Bahnhof. There were a lot of pictures of Andy Warhol on display:



In Berlin, I stayed with a friend from university. In the evenings, we chitchatted and tried out a real good Sushi shop and relaxed: Konni from work and I from sightseeing.


No comments: