Thursday, November 7, 2013

Samar to Kagbeni

The next morning, I felt fully energized and started out at the head of the group. I took the first pass without problems and then casually walked down the canyon. 

on the other side of the canyon

While singing all the songs that came to my mind I became faster and faster. From time to time I waited for some of the group to catch up. After only two and half hours we passed our lodge in Chhucksang and decided to go on without a big break. 

Open gate to Chhcksang

An hour later we reached Tangbe where we found a different lunch place then on the way up. We had dhal bhat and noodle soup. As the dhal bhat took some time to prepare, we had a very long break. 

Dhal Bhat

I was eager for the way and immediately started with my porter to the Tangbe pass and apple orchard. My intention was to stop there, buy and eat some apples and wait for the others. Unfortunately it was closed and the wind was blowing aggressively sand into my face so I decided to continue. After several meanders up and down I could see Kagbeni lying in front of me. 

Peasants bringing in the harvest

Feeling it within my reach I was getting excited already imaging the food, shower and internet connection. The road still did several twists to keep me longer from my longings. 

Last climbing action

From behind there was suddenly the sound of a tractor and on the trailer were sitting the five porters and one of our group - overtaking me in a swift moment. 

Mahindra tractor

That spured me to get faster and when I turned around the last bend, I saw them getting down from the trailer and joined them at the foot of the hill. We then entered Kagbeni together and walked to our lodge. 



In the late afternoon, I went for another stroll of the village, met some girls from the flight who are doing the Annapurna circuit and bought some souvenirs. For dinner I had another Annapurna Special Chicken - very delicious.  


No comments: