Sunday, September 18, 2011

Walking down Moskva ...

Just 48 hours after landing, I took off again in eastern direction. This time it was a business trip to Moscow.

Kreml

There I visited the Commercial Vehicle Show CONTRANS in the Crocus Expo Centre. I enjoyed the daily travels on the Moscow Metro and the beautiful old stations - see also the blog entry from June 2008.


COMTRANS is the largest commercial vehicle show in Russia and all major Russian, European and Chinese brands were present. KAMAZ and GAZ Group had the biggest stand, on the MAN stand we showcased four buses of MAN and NEOPLAN as well as several trucks.


The trade fair was interesting, even though at most of stands the staff just spoke Russian. Our staff spoke good English and German and as most of them joined only recently I tried to meet all of them.

Red Square in the evening

Besides doing some competitor analysis, I joined a business breakfast where I learnt more about Russian economy and retail. The meeting took place at the Kempinslki Baltschug from which I had a splendid view on the Kreml, Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral.

St Basil's Cathedral

In the evenings, I met Alla and her husband for dinner, strolled around Red Square and GUM and went to a Russian Dance Show.

GUM

riday after lunch I left for the airport. First I took the metro to Pavelezkaya Station and from there the Aeroexpress that brought me to Domodedovo Airport within 45 minutes.

No comments: