Sunday, June 12, 2011

Kofel - my first mountain this year

Early morning, my friends picked me up and we headed to the motorway. Within an hour we reached Oberammergau and the German Alps.

Mount Kofel is towering the little alpine village that is world famous for the Passion Play (every 10 years, next time in 2020).


We parked the car, took our daypacks and headed for the top. The narrow and steep path lead through a lovely green forest. I sweated like hell and for sure I need more training. After more than an hour we reached the timberline.


From there we had to climb and hold on to a tightrope to not fall down. So after another 20 minutes we were on top.

Mount Kofel (1342 m)

We enjoyed our lunch and the view, wrote in the summit book and took some pictures of the scenery.


Downhill we took another path through green forest and over several brooks.


Back in the valley, we treated ourselves to some delicious ice-cream and fruits.



No comments: