Saturday, January 23, 2010

2010 ... here I come

First three weeks of the new year are gone and so far it treated me not too well. I caught a bad cold at the end of the old year and I'm still not through with it.

In business, the crisis is still affecting MAN and we will do some further 60 days of short work. So the money for trips around the globe is quite short but nonetheless I made some plans.

- In March, I will go with some friends skiing in the Italian Alps.
- Every ten years, Oberammergau (small Alpine village) hosts the Passion Play, so I got some tickets for May.
- Another goal for this year is to reach the highest place in Germany. On foot. So yes, I wanna climb on the Zugspitze - 2962 m. Ok, it's not the highest mountain in the world or the Alps, and even I was higher when I climbed with my brother and dad on the Aletschhorn (4.195 m) in 90ies.
- The summer, I will take all my six weeks holidays and go to Nepal and India on the search of some real high mountains, relaxing backwaters, great tea and new places.

Inspired by Julie Powell's book "Julie/ Julia - my year of cooking dangerously", I will spend the rest of the time cooking myself around the culinary globe - so stay tuned for some delicious recipes, cooking misfortunes and increasing waist line, or maybe the contrary - we will see.


.

No comments: