Friday, June 12, 2009

Dolmabahce Palace and Bospurus boat trip

My final day in Istanbul started good. I wore my new white dress and sandals and the sun was shining. 36 degrees already at 10 in the morning.
I walked from Kabatas to the Dolmabahce Palace. This palace was built in the 19th centuries in European style, but still had a harem for the ladies. Unfortunately, it´s not allowed to take pictures inside, so here are only two from outside. You can visit the palace on guided tours and have to wear plastic covers on your feet.


Main entrance


view to the Bospurus


After visiting also the harem I walked to the Besiktas Ferry stop and as the Grand Bospurus Tour had already left and for the next one I had long to wait, I decided to take a ferry to the Asian side of Istanbul. For luck another Bospurus Tour left in the next minutes so I bought a ticket and boarded the boat.

We spent an hour going in direction of the Black Sea coming across palaces, ...

Beylerbeyi Palace

... bridges, ...

Bospurus Bridge

... forts ...

Rumeli Hisari

... and my new dream house:



I finished the boat trip by going to Kadiköy, Eminönü and and Karaköy. From there I walked to the cable car doing the last shopping: post cards and soaps.

No comments: