Friday, August 30, 2013

Vie ferrate in Bella Italia - Day I

Early Friday morning, I met some other mountain enthusiasts in Munich and we left in direction of Lake Garda. We wanted to take part in a via ferrata course of the German Alpine Association. 



We were six participants and one guide and after an equipment check we drove to Arco. We parked the car at a camping site in Prabi and took the trail uphill to start the via ferrata "Sentiero attrezzato del Collodri" where our guide explained us how to use the equipment. 

start of the via ferrata

Then we climbed for 45 min (difficulty A/B) to the top and had a great view on Arco and Lake Garda. 

the final rope

The cross of Collodri is at 340 m. From there we went to some exercise rocks where we tried climbing some meters without protection - up was easier than down. 

Collodri (340 m)

Going down we used an easy trail to Arco where we enjoyed ice-cream and checked the outdoor stores for sales and offers.

Arco

We drove back to Pietramurata to check into Hotel Daino. I got a room just for myself (45€ per night incl. half-board). After the feedback I read on different sites I asked for a room to the back. I swam several rounds in the hotel pool before the three course dinner. It could have been much better. Later, we sat outside and spoke another hour about the theory.


Castello di Arco


No comments: