Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mount Schönberg (1621 m)

I was a bit unlucky with my vacation planning. First, Condor cancelled my flight to Sharm-el-Sheikh so I could not attend the AIESEC Alumni conference there. Then, my DAV tour to Germany's highest mountain Zugspitze was called off due to bad weather.

So I made a fast decision to make a day tour with DAV to Mount Schönberg. I met another hiker in Munich and we drove to the meeting point between Kreuth and Lenggries. We were 11 mostly women and followed our tour guide through the forest along a creek.


After half an hour we reached an Alm (alpine pasture) with cows and a hut. We walked down the forest road to a little chapel and then left the road.



We headed uphill on a very steep trail for another half an hour till we hit the forest road again.


Then we made a change of plans and took a longer way around the mountain before heading to the top.



Not only we made it there, but also some para gliders preparing for take off and some cows according to their droppings all over the place. We ate lunch while enjoying the view of the surrounding valleys.


We left the top as clouds were building up. We took the forest road downhill and crossed the Alm again. On the last part of the trail, we nearly got lost and missed the trail to our parking.


No comments: