Monday, October 17, 2011

Leipzig's Waldstraßenviertel

Thursday afternoon I left Munich and headed north to an AIESEC conference where I held a workshop on Friday. In the evening I boarded again a train and going back home to Leipzig.


My friends Steffen and Becki just moved house and now live in my favorite quarter: Waldstraßenviertel. Here I worked during my studies for a real estate agent and got to know many of the lovely art deco houses from inside. I even did write a paper about it.



All the houses are big multi-stored buildings dating back mainly to three eras:

- 1830-1840



- 1870-1900 founders time



- 1900-1918 art deco / art nouveau



So Sunday morning I strolled around the quarter, enjoying the sun and the majestic buildings.



In the last two decades after reunification many of those buildings have been restored to their former beauty, so you can experience again their decorated facades and live in big rooms with stucco on the ceiling and parquet floor.



If I ever return to live in Leipzig, this will be my quarter.


No comments: