Sunday, April 28, 2024

European Regional Alumni Conference 2024 in Zagreb, Croatia

The European Regional Alumni Conference (ERAC) by AIESEC Alumni Europe is an annual conference that brings together AIESEC Alumni from across Europe and the world. In April 2024, AIESEC Alumni Croatia hosted the conference in Zagreb and welcomed 120 delegates from 24 countries.



I'm ready for the conference to start

Under the topic “Connect to Impact”, we heard several speakers talk on where we can make impact (among others: education & learning, sustainability, and leadership), how we can shape impact and how we can connect with others to drive our ambitions forward.


Panel on Connect to Impact


ERAC 2024 gave delegates the chance to broaden their network across countries, industries, and generations, participate in workshops on communication, leadership and well-being and continue their development.


A cake for 10 years AIESEC Alumni Hrvatska (Croatia)


In the evenings, we celebrated Croatian culture in a Pub Quiz, cultural diversity with food, drinks and tokens at the global village and the achievements of the different national entities over the past 12 months with awards at the gala night.


Heidi entering the Global Village location
(my usual roommate on alumni events)


Queen Power


AIESEC Alumni Europe team

The end of the conference does not mark the end of the topic but rather the continuation of our efforts to make a positive impact in the world following AIESEC’s mission statement “Peace and fulfilment of humankind’s potential”.


Sugarcubes - an AIESEC tradition 
(little notes from the other delegates for you)

My personal contribution was bringing the speakers together based on the people I knew, the recommendations I got and the answers to the registration form. From December to April I looked for a diverse group of AIESEC Alumni who had stories, topics and insights to share that would have an impact on the delegates. Besides looking for & finding the speakers, I also looked the mic as President of AIESEC Alumni Europe - I might explore the avenue of speaking more in the future.


Can't lose the grip on the mic


Sign up for the workshops

Thanks to the great Organising Committee I had the time, the calm and the mood to join the workshop on “leading without fear” by Stuti Singh. It was very insightful. 


Stuti during her talk
"Create your impact without fear"


Sunday evening, I left by night train to Munich - 4 places couchettes compartment (comparable to the one I took in India) - only downside was that it's basically a 6 places one used by four which made my lower berth a bit claustrophobic and the luggage space was limited. With the help of the other travellers I could store it on the top bed.



The next morning, I thought the train would stop in Munich East and Main station. So after we passed Munich East, I got ready to de-board but waited in vain. Suddenly, we passed Munich Pasing station and I knew that I'm well on my way to Stuttgart. Luckily the train stopped in Augsburg, where I caught an ICE back to Pasing and then a tram home. It would have been great to read the ticket details:-). 


No comments: