Friday, July 22, 2011

Long weekend on the road

It was a long weekend starting on Friday morning with a drive to the ADAC Safety Training Centre in Augsburg. There I took part in a safety training for commercial vehicles to renew my licence in two years. We did drive tractor, truck, tipper with and without safety assistants.

We practiced emergency braking on different road surfaces (with aqua planing), dodging obstacles and driving on slippery slopes.

After the training I drove to Leipzig for Inka's birthday party on saturday evening. Sunday noon I hit the road again in direction of Frankfurt/ Main and the FIFA Female Soccer Championship Final.

My seat in the stadion was in a corner with good view of one of the goals. Both US Americans and Japanese made it a thrilling match.

There were many fans for the US team, and a lot for the team from Japan. Loyalties with the German fans changed - first they cheered for USA, after the first goal they encouraged the Japanese. After 90 minutes the match was drawn, so we went into extra time.

Cheers again for USA - they goaled. Loyalties changed again and Japan thanked with the fans by another goal. So after 120 minutes, I found that I had a real good viewing position (see photo) for the penalty shoout-out.

The Japanese keeper performed very well and stopped three balls of the US Americans which made them the champion!

After the match, I met up some more friends from Munich who also got tickets for final.

Early monday morning, I drove back to Munich directly to work where I reached just before noon because of some bad trafic jams.

No comments: