Sunday, March 21, 2010

Swedish vs. French

Even with my bad knee, I spent my sunday in the kitchen.

This time, tried out some French and Swedish stuff. I started with croissants. For this you use puff pastry and cut it into triangles. It's important to have big triangle or the croissants become very small as mine. Then you can fill them with whatever you want: dark chocolate, Kinder chocolate bar or hearty with ham and cheese.



The Swedish way of preparing salmon with dill and with white sauce is not my kind of food, but was edible.


For dessert, I prepared a clafoutis with berries. That's a French dessert with egg dough baked in a casserole with fruits. In my opinion, it's best to have small casserole for everyone and bake it in them, as it is difficult to get it out of it in a nice way. It was very tasty, Victor finished two big casseroles of it alone.


No comments: